Tamara works digitally to create her painterly storytelling illustrations. Her work has a strong sense of lighting, naturalistic colours and dynamic compositions. She is strongly inspired by wildlife, children and the environments they reside in. She uses this inspiration to add a layer of realism to her work.
Tamara’s illustration journey began at Dawson College where she earned her associates degree in Illustration and Design. Shortly after, she furthered her studies at Sheridan College, where she attained her Bachelor degree of Illustration. In between and after her studies she has worked for a diverse range of publishing and editorial clients such as, Kayak Children’s magazine, Chickadee/ Chirp magazine, Dinardo Design, Inhabit Media, Inhabit Education, Hemma (Langue aux Chat), Heinemann Publishing.
- Mon guide nature (Suivez le guide), Published by LANGUE AU CHAT
- The Muskox and the Caribou, Published by Inhabit Media
- In the Sky at Nighttime, Published by Inhabit Media
- The Girl Who Danced with Giants (English) (Nunavummi), Published by Inhabit Education Books Inc
- Clam Digging with Grandma (English) (Nunavummi), Published by Inhabit Education Books Inc
- Oh No! Reindeer Flu!, Published by Whistle Oak (2019)