Nadia Ronquillo is a children’s book illustrator, visual development artist and content creator from Ecuador. She majored in Graphic Design and Audiovisual Production. After college, she started freelancing as a children’s book Illustrator and collaborating remotely as a visual development artist with the studio Cocoa López, Mexico. Her work can be found in children’s books, animated shorts, and television.
In 2016 she was part of the Andimation program, an eight weeks’ incubator for developing and pitching animated TV series organized by The Animation Workshop. In 2017, she was part of the Scriptwriting and Concept Development program at La Poudrière, France. That same year, she was awarded a scholarship and mentorship for the Storyteller Academy. In 2018 the project she co-created Tally Molly, was part of the Pixelatl Bootcamp at Mexico, The Laboratory, Bridging the gap in Spain, and winner of the tv series category at Ventana Sur, Argentina. In the summer of 2019 she pitched the project in a special selection of Latin America projects at MIFA, during the Festival of Annecy.
Clients Include: Oxford Publishing, Capstone Publishing, Cricket Media, Benchmark Education, Trillium Publishing, Flowerpot Press, Rubicon Publishing, Woogjin Education, Cognition Education, Learning A-Z, Highlight magazine, Clubhouse Jr, Rourke Educational Media, Clever Factory.
Film/Television credits: “Lo que Importa” 2017 shortfilm. “Yolo” 2017 teaser. “Collage” 2016 shortfilm “Canicas” shortfilm.
Co-creator: Volcania, 2016. Tally Molly, 2017.
Creator: Unfairyland 2019. Isabelas Islands 2019
Represented by: Astound USRead Interview
- Leap, Published by FlowerPot press
- Me too!, Published by Capstone
- Grandma and Strawberry, Published by Lightbook Publishing
- Kai in the Mind's Sky, Published by Alexis Novak
- The heart keeps the Beat, Published by Alexis Novak
- Rainy Day Picnic, Published by Capstone
- Junipers Butterfly Garden, Published by Okc Zoo
- Big Emotions Children's Book Illustration, Published by Smooth Sailing
- 'Little, Love Yourself from the Inside Out', Published by Chantelle Bellavance
- Big Hearts, Published by Smooth Sailing
- How to love a crocodrile, Published by Corey Machado
- It's a Very Merry If Not You, Then Who? Christmas, Published by Weeva
- Choicey Joycie, Published by Joyce Azria Trojanowski
- Isaiah's New Foster Sister, Published by Kimberlee Peralta