Originally from Pennsylvania but now a New Englander living just west of Boston (where the JNA headquarters is located), Jill earned her degree in graphic design. After graduating from Penn State University, she took a design job at a large toy company and eventually became an art director in their preschool toys division. Somewhere along the way, she started drawing cute stuff and soon realized that she liked illustration more than straight design work. “I’m a big fan of mid-century design, particularly children's books,” she said. Of course, one look at her wonderful work and you can see her influences.
Jill loves working with hand lettering, color and fun characters. “I try to make every job fun with the hopes that my work will put a smile on your face!”
Jill’s clients include American Greetings, Cottage Door Press, Design House Greetings, Hallmark, Hasbro, Klutz, Macmillan Publishers, Peaceable Kingdom, Penguin Random House, Psikhouvanjou, Quarto, Running Press Kids, Scholastic Press, Sellers Publishing, Shannonbridge Pottery, TJX, World Market, 180 Degrees and more!
Represented by:Jennifer Nelson Artists, Inc.
- The Nutcracker, Published by Scholastic Reading Club
- You Can! Words of Wisdom from the Little Engine That Could, Published by Penguin Random House
- The Goat With Many Coats, Published by Walter Foster
- Shapes of Spring, Published by Running Press Kids
- Anne of Green Gables, Published by Scholastic Reading Club
- The Colors of Christmas, Published by Running Press Kids
- Little Women, Published by Scholastic Reading Club
- The Jungle Book, Published by Scholastic Reading Club
- Through the Looking Glass, Published by Scholastic Reading Club
- Search Castle, Published by Chronicle Books