A 15 year veteran of the licensing and entertainment industry, Lawrence has worked on everything from Lord Of The Rings™ to M&M’s. After attending The School Of Visual Arts in New York, Lawrence was hired as head toy designer for Happiness Express Inc. While there he had the opportunity to design everything from night lights to action figures.
Working for a small company also meant wearing many hats. Lawrence gained valuable experience in package design, sculpture and styleguide creation. After 5 years in the toy industry he moved on to a career in character illustration, creating styleguide art for Newline Cinema, Jim Henson Productions, and 4Kids Entertainment to name a few.
Among other things he is now one of the official licensing artists for Teen Age Mutant Ninja Turtles, Major League Baseball and Nickelodeon’s Go Diego. Not content to just draw the characters, Lawrence has also made the leap to digital animation. To date he has worked on films for the web and broadcast television for companies like ABC Networks, Nickelodeon, and VH1. Lawrence currently resides in Queens, New York where he plots to corrupt the minds of youth with silly pictures and funny books.
- T-Rex is in Trouble (Jumbo Jigsaw Storybooks), Published by Imagine! Publishing, An Imprint of Charlesbridge
- Dolphin's Discovery (Jumbo Jigsaw Storybooks), Published by Imagine! Publishing, An Imprint of Charlesbridge
- Totally Turtles! (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Published by Golden Books
- Star Wars Workbook: 1st Grade Reading, Published by Workman Publishing
- Star Wars Workbook: 2nd Grade Math, Published by Workman Publishing