Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, I wanted be an archeologist, a paranormal researcher, an astronaut but most of all I wanted to be a detective with Scotland Yard. However, I decided working as an artist was way more fun than any of those jobs and required a lot less math. I have a BFA in Illustration from Academy of Art University and University of San Francisco. I am an award winning artist and my work ranges from poster design, book illustration, editorial illustration, to apparel design, art direction, advertising, merchandising, and multimedia. I’m proficient in multiple forms of traditional media as well as digital tools. My paintings and prints have been exhibited and sold at various galleries and private events in the San Francisco Bay Area. My work has also been exhibited at MTV corporate offices in New York. I am a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI), San Francisco Society of Illustrators and The Graphic Artist Guild. Throughout the year I teach private art classes and workshops for all ages. My specialty is helping artists find their unique visual voice. I am able to work with children and adults who'd benefit from art therapy. In my spare time I read lots and lots of books at once, write fiction, cook up new recipes and get into mischief with my two boys. I am very ticklish, laugh in the face of danger and pride myself on not taking anything too seriously!
- Fatty Legs: A True Story, Published by Annick Press
- A Stranger At Home: A True Story, Published by Annick Press
- Unexpected Hero, Published by houghton mifflin
- The Protectors, Published by Houghton Mifflin Company (2006)
- Miracle, Published by Treehouse Press
- Chester Nez and the Unbreakable Code: A Navajo Cod, Published by Albert Whitman & Company (April 3, 2018)
- THE FANTASTICAL CHILDREN OF POND KINGDOM, Published by BALESTIER PRESS